Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ledges State Park

I have been craving a good long hike and some solitude. Bryce and I are both used to hikes up and down mountians in Idaho, Wyoming, and Utah. But, the landscape of Iowa is pretty flat with zero mountains. We expected to find some flat trails through the dense Iowa foliage, but we did manage to find a state park that has some fun small trails up some sandstone ledges. Thus the name Ledges State Park. It was about a 45 minute drive and I really enjoyed the trails. It is a pretty popular state park though and there were a lot of people around. That was the only part I was dissapointed. I was looking for solitude, and we found a lot of other Iowans who must have wanted the same thing.


Bryce wanted to take a picture behind the hanging vines. There was a cool little pool behind him full of little minnows.


We stopped half way and had a few snacks. Here is a beautiful tree and two beautiful people.


I wanted to show our fathers that we support them 100%. As you can see Bryce is sporting a beautiful Southeast Electric hat in a stunning Khaki. Natali is wearing a Jolley Electric hat with black writing and the same dashing Khaki. We love our Electric Dads!!!


Beautiful rock bridge. I am the one on the top of the bridge, even though those beautiful pink shorts are H-O-T-T hot. Why oh why did I wear denim when I could have gone out in polyester pink?!

4 comments:

Erica said...

Looks like a really nice place. I always wanted to find somewhere to hike out there too, but thought that wasn't an option with it being so flat.
I do agree with you on the polyester pink, it would have been a much better choice of clothing!

Emily K. said...

First of all, let me just say that your "chest" (using the good word) looks very huge in the first picture. How did you get so darn voluptuous? Second of all, that was actually Jake's Aunt Georgia under the bridge wearing the hot pink polyester shorts, and we were not impressed that you were making fun of them. Third of all, the hats are very great, and I don't know why Dad neglected giving me such a wondrous piece of khaki genius. These pictures made me miss both of you, (yes, Bryce too.) When is June again?

shauni said...

You guys do so many fun things. Ledges is so pretty, I went there last year when I went up to girls camp. It doesn't compare to the Utah mountains, but it's as close as you can get in Iowa. It looks like you guys had a great time.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful faces!!!!! I wonder where you learned to have your touch of sarcasm? Must of have been from your father's side.