Monday, November 30, 2009

A Happier Announcement and A Happy Thanksgiving

Bryce and I are happy, happy, happy to announce that we had a very Happy Thanksgiving.
Plus . . .

Yes, I did eat a lot this Thanksgiving, but not all of that belly is full of turkey. I wasn't the only one chowing down on stuffing, potatoes, green beans, and pumpkin pie this year. YOU GUESSED IT! There is a little baby Jolley in there that feasted along with us this year. I am sure that he/she enjoyed it just as much as me.


A washed out picture of all of me and my little bump. I am nearly 16 weeks along and happy to be feeling a little better than I have been for the last couple of months. I suffered a lot of yucky nausea and nearly daily trips to the toilet to let go of whatever meal I had just eaten. The sickness hit me right in the full swing of the semester and I have to say that my grades have suffered because of it. But, I am at least passing my classes and this little baby will be all worth it in the end.

Bryce and I have anticipated this for such a long time and I was honestly beginning to lose hope that I was ever going to be able to have a baby of my own. But, after years month after month of disappointment, it has finally happened. It has been a roller coaster, to say the least, and I still have a lot of apprehensions and doubts, but I am happy and Bryce is happy.

Thank you so much to our friends and family who kept us in your prayers. We felt all of your support and love throughout this and thank our Father in Heaven that he has allowed us to carry one of his children to this world.

On to THANKSGIVING! Here is the clan settled in our seats before the meal commenced. The Goodwin family was able to come down and we always have such a good time when they come. My little sister Bubberoo shared the week with us too and she was so wonderful to have around. The food was delicious and the company was even better.

The best part of Thanksgiving this year was having Bryce home with me. He was able to fly from Tucson, AZ home so he could spend a few days with me. Even though it was just for a few days, it was the best few days ever.

Jenny and Bryce enjoyed a little chat before dinner as the rest of us slaved away in the kitchen.

DeeAnn, Grandma Norma, Kimmy, and her fiance Mike also sat back and relaxed before the meal was served.

Kailey, Lindsey, and Jenny trying to cool off with the door open. The house really got hot with all that cooking and extra people.

Whit serenaded Lori as she rests from her labors of the day.

28 comments:

Kelly said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you both. Congratulations!!!

Heitmann Family said...

YEAH!!! I am so excited for you and Bryce!! You will be a fantastic mother!! I am glad you are feeling better too! Love the little baby belly!!

Matt and Erin said...

This is the best news I've heard in a LONG time! I was thinking about you the other day and almost called you to see how you were doing...wish I would have. Maybe I would have gotten the news in person (okay your own voice). I got teary reading your post. There isn't a luckier baby in the whole world to have been blessed with such great parents.

I miss you, Natali! You've been in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so happy this time has come for you. Hope you're feeling better! :)

Mark and Aupreille said...

I am so happy and excited for you!! What a wonderful blessing to come out this fourth year, a little babino. So I want to hear all about it, where you still taking fertility stuff or did the baby come all on it's own? When are you due exactly? Are you going to find out if it's a girl or boy? Oh, I am so excited!!
Congrats, Congrats, and congrats!

Ashley said...

YEA NATALIE & BRYCE!!! Yea Yea Yea!! CONGRATS - we're so excited y'all had such a great thanksgiving!! ;) J/K!

Yeah, that too, but hello - YEA FOR BABY JOLLEY! I agree with Auprielle - I want more details: When you're due, if you're going to find out, etc. etc. I'm so glad the sickness is subsiding - it's the worst - but totally worth it in the end!!!

Keep those cute belly pics coming girl.
Congrats again!

The Robinson Bunch said...

so awesome! so excited for you congratulations!....the sickness is so crummy, but so worth it!...praying for smooth sailing from now on for ya! :0)

Anonymous said...

We're so happy for you guys. The problem is once you get this one here you might not be able to stop. I hear that happens for some people. How does five in five years sound to you?

Kristie Taylor said...

CONGRATS on the pregnancy!!:) glad you had such a great thanksgiving!:)

Huntsman Family said...

Hello I know I have not met you yet but I have met your husband and I am very excited to meet you. I hope soon. Anyway Dave and I are so happy for you guys! Congrats!!

Erica said...

I am so, so happy for you!!! Congratulations!!! That is such exciting news, what a cute little mommy you will be!

Tiffany said...

Congrats Natali! That is so exciting! I'm so happy for you! You will be a wonderful mommy!

The French Family said...

I was waiting for this post! Hope all is going well and remember if you can't wait as long as you plan to find out if there is a jolley boy or jolley girl in there come down here and find out for free! Talk and hopefully see ya soon!

The Cooks said...

YAY, YAY, YAY. That was a cruel opening to your blog...leading on to believe that Thanksgiving was your good news. I am SOOOO excited for you guys. What a blessing. We haven't seen you guys in forever and the next time we see you, you are going to have a baby! So exciting, you guys are going to be great parents!

Club Jolley said...

You will be such great parents! And you look so cute preggo too! Hurray!

Thanksgiving was so fun, especially with you and Bryce and Whitney. I loved playing card games with all of you and eating way too much!

Emily K. said...

I love that picture of of your mother-in-law sleeping on the couch. She looks tired. . .

Yes, Yes, congrats on the baby on the way. We are so happy that all of your years of waiting, praying, and trying have paid off. I knew that it would happen!! (Just sayin'. It takes us Hamblin girls awhile) Now, you can just spit out those young 'uns one after another. I better send those maternity clothes quick!! That baby is a growin'! You're beautiful, as always. Keep takin' pictures. Sendin' some lovin' your way'n.

People who don't know that we call Whit Bubber might not think it's a very nice nickname. But, she is, and will always be, our Bubberoonigas.

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

I already told you this, but we are so excited for you and Bryce! So glad we got to see you over the holidays, and we can't wait to find out what gender of Jolley will be joining your family.

Amanda Wilson said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you guys. I cried when I read it and I couldn't be happier. I am glad that you are feeling better. Can't wait to find out what you are having! Congratulations!

Billy and Nathalie said...

YYYYYAAAAAYYYYY!!!!! Congratulations! I am so excited for you! I wish you were still here so that I could see your growing belly and meet baby Jolley! I guess I'll have to content myself with just seeing pictures. Keep posting...!!!

Taylor Family said...

We are so happy for you. Wish you the best. Lots of Love.

sarita said...

Congratulations, Natali! This news just made my day. We are so happy for both of you!

Celinda said...

Thanks for the post, Natali. We are so grateful that Whitney could be included in all your festivies. Thank you again. Please tell Lori thank you. I think your picutres are adorable.
Prayers are answered.

jodie said...

Yay! What wonderful news. I had a feeling you've been hiding something exciting...just a hunch. :) I'm so happy for you and I'm grateful that the many many prayers said on your behalf have been answered in such a blessed way! Can't wait to see you progress and enjoy the pregnancy all along the way. Wahoo!!

shauni said...

AHHHHH!! (This is me yelling and jumping up and down because I'm soo excited for you!) Congratulations, you are going to be a wonderful mom, and Bryce will be an okay dad too (just kidding Bryce!) I am so, so happy for you guys... I need to call and hear the whole story in person (I heard this rumor from Colb a while ago, but I was sworn to secrecy and he was a little sketchy on the details). I hope you guys are surviving this fourth year!!

musson said...

AWESOME!!! How exciting! We couldn't be happier for you two. So is the due date around graduation time? (I could totally be wrong with my calculations) BUT congratulations!!!

Kirsten said...

Yeah!!! Congratualtions!! I'm so happy for you! I hope all the old rommies can get together sometime!

kdance said...

Hooray!!!! What fun news! I had no idea you had tried for so long, girl! That's so hard. I'm SO glad you finally get your little baby. I can't wait to see lots of pics of him/her. I still want to see you!!! How can we live so close and not even hang out??

Heather said...

I am so happy for you both. You will be a great mom!! I hope you start to feel better.

Kristy & Miguel said...

Congrats on the BABY! That is so exciting! Have a happy and healthy 9 months!!