Thursday, January 7, 2010

Announcing a Jolley Baby BOY!

His little hand resting on his chin as he sleeps. Just like his Mom likes to sleep!


I know these pictures look like a bit of black and white nothings, but that is my little baby boy growing strong in his mothers belly. The due date of May 23rd was confirmed and everything looks just as it should. I am beginning to feel the little monster squirm and swim around in there. It is an odd and beautiful feeling. Sometimes, when I feel him kick, I am a little taken aback. Then other times I am just in awe that something is alive and flourishing within my womb. Holy Moly, I am going to be a MOM! My son is in my belly. My son. I often feel under-qualified and scared. But, I am ready for my this little one to show his face to us all. Everyone is interested to see if he will be a red-head or dark like me. It sure is a mystery, but I would be so happy to see a little orange fuzzed head, blue eyed wonder or a black haired, dark eyed joy. My next poll will be what everyone thinks. I will do that later, I am tired and need to sleep. This little one already takes the breath away from me and I am tired ALL THE STINKING TIME! I guess the majority of you who voted were wrong. Sorry. But, I am not disappointed in the least. A boy will be a grand adventure. No little girl this time round. We'll see, she might be waiting in the wings though.

16 comments:

Celinda said...

How one tells that is a hand is a mystery to me, but I still love the post. Holy Moly, my Natali is going to be a mommy! She will be a great one.

Billy and Nathalie said...

YAY! Boys are so fun! I can't wait to see his little orange (or black) fuzzed head!

shauni said...

I'm so excited for you guys. You will be awesome parents. I'm sure your little boy will be ADORABLE, whether he is red-head, dark or bald. Any chance your going to bring that sweet little newborn clear across the country and show him off at Bryce's graduation?? (I know it's not likely, but we would all LOVE It!!)

Heitmann Family said...

Congrats to you guys!! Little boys are a whole lot of fun!! Can't wait to meet him!!

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...

Good job growing a boy. The kicking and squirming is my absolute fav thing about being pregnant. Hearing you talk about it makes me want to feel it.

The McClellan Family said...

What?! I had no idea you were pregnant until I read the blog today! Congratulations! We are excited for you guys:)

TA Cook or not TA Cook said...

wow!! congrats!! you are due about one month befor me! you guys will be such great parrents and we are so excited for you

Emily K. said...

I'm with Holly. . . . my favorite part about being pregnant is feeling the baby move. It makes me want to feel it too, no matter how much I was sooo ready to be done being pregnant at the end. You will be such a great mom, I've always known that. Can't wait to see that beautiful baby boy!

The Gibbs said...

WOO HOO!! we love boys at our house. they are grand fun. i figure char makes the girls, we make the boys. jack is going to marry kate, and your wee one can marry her wee one. sound like a plan, stan? sorry to beth's little carson, he's out of luck. tee hee.

The Cooks said...

Congrats on the boy! We are so excited for you guys. Being tired is normal (for me at least) and annoying, so don't feel stupid is you absolutely need a nap. Naps=goodness.

Huntsman Family said...

Congrats that's wonderful!!! Dave and I think that he will be a handsome little red head. Dave said that he would have it no other way. He must have red hair. You are going to be a great mom. We are so happy for you!

Rachel Schanz said...

yahoo! I'm so oober excited for you to be a mommy! and I wish you would come visit me fellow Shelley dweller!

Josh and Alayna said...

A boy , how exciting! You look so cute with a little pregnant belly:) It is funny to think about what they will look like. They suprise you time and time again. You will be a great wonderful mom!

J and C said...

totally small world. I saw your names on craig and cory's blog, I grew up with cory and I admidt I am a blog lurker....anyway, then I saw you live in des moines and I recognized all the people who have commented here. so, we are the stubblefields. we live in waukee. my dh is a physician at broadlawns and a visiting prof at DMU. so anyway, hope you don't think its weird...but I am always smazed at how many people I know when I visit other people's blogs. loving all this snow? congrats on baby boy!

Anonymous said...

finding out is the best part of the whole thing!!! Congrats! i hope hw has your dark hair. Babies are always so pretty with lots of dark hair.

Anonymous said...

Nat I'm so excited for you!!I saw your blog a couple weeks ago and couldn't comment cause I had to get back to work but now I'm glad I waited to see that you're having a BOY!! I love boys(at least nanning them). You're going to be such a fun mom.
OH guess what?!?! I'm getting married in May!! I can't wait and I would've told you earlier but i never seem to have your # or am online long enough to email. And here I am going on and on on your blog comment :) Congrats I'm so happy for you!!! and Brice of course!!
love ya
Andrea Hamblin