Monday, June 13, 2011

New Residents at 3327

A little finch has made and nest and laid her eggs on our door light. I love it. As she and her beautiful red mate were building the nest I was anxiously awaiting their little eggs to be nestled in the perfectly coiled branches and grass.

4 barely blue, black speckled eggs are snug and safe in their nest.

Mama finch is very displeased each time we walk out the front door. She perches on the eve of the roof and let's me know I am unwelcome and she wishes me to quickly depart. What a special resident to be sharing my home with. I can't wait for the baby finches to crack free!

And...because a post would not be complete without my baby bird, here is Benson snug and safe in his Mom and Dad's "nest."

4 comments:

French Family said...

Well that's exciting! my parents have a birds nest in the BBQ grill and the eggs have hatched. whenever we go over kate always asks if she can see the baby birds.

Club Jolley said...

How cute, you'll have to post pictures if you see any baby bird hatching! And I can't believe Benson is a year old already- and we've hardly seen him at all! We can't wait to see him this summer. I think he and Hunter will get along great. He seems like such a sweetie, and with such a charming little smile and curly hair. Can't wait to see him, I'm going to bribe him with dum-dums to get him to think I'm his favorite aunt. :)

Celinda said...

That' so cute! I'm glad that you don't have a kitty like Pearl for she has already sent several little birdies to heaven. I
love Benson in his little nest.

Celinda said...

By the way, those are great pictures! You'll have to tell me how you did it?