Thursday, January 29, 2009

Look Familiar Hamblin Kids?

I frequent the local library book sale. Every month they add new books. They are either books that were donated to be sold or excess and old copies of the libraries. Either way, it is really great. Hard cover books are a $1 and paper backs are 25 cents. NICE! I have gotten many a treasure there. The latest treasure is on for the record, and I had to share it. I got a little joke book. It has the silliest, laughy taffy type jokes in it. BUT, the coolest part about this book is that I OWNED IT AS A CHILD. Yes, this exact same book. Coolio huh! I recognized it immediately and had to make it mine. I wanted to see if any of my siblings recognized this little gem. For some reason, I keep on thinking that this book originally belonged to Bryan. So, perhaps he will remember it. How about you Mom? Emmers? Holly? Bubber? Ben?


The cover art! Oh so beautiful. What a unique and creative name . . . The Joke Book.

One of the picture I remembered and such a great joke!

A couple weeks before I found this book, I was trying to think of any jokes that I knew. A joke from this page came to my head. I remembered the picture and the joke almost word for word. Awesome.

The most memorable page. I could see this in my minds eye before I even looked at the page. I must have a photo graphic memory or something. I am just pretty much awesome and this book is the same RIGHT!

7 comments:

Emily K. said...

Yes, yes, yes, yes!!! I totally remember this book. I loved it!! I can't believe that you always find such treasures. I think you have to be patient enough to look, which I never am. What a gem. We spent many good hours reading this book. Thanks for sharing the pages with me. Brings back many great memories. Even if they are cheesy!

Celinda said...

Yes you are and the book must be too if you endorse it. I do remember it and I'm so glad that you can renew old good memories. I can't remember any jokes out of it right now, but I might if I heard them. Good Job.

Debbi said...

hey Natali - please don't think that I am totally random in leaving this comment...I don't think I have your email.

Wade heard that Bryce is coming out to multi-care for first core, are you coming with him? They provide housing for one person, but if you were coming we could check out apartments while we are here. Maybe you already have it all worked out - just a thought I had the other day that we could help. (We don't really recommned our apartment, but I really liked the commute Wade had). Anyway, match day is march 9 and then we might be here longer, but until then we are here though the spring - let me know if you guys want any help with anything...our email is wadeanddebbi@gmail.com

hope everything else is going good!

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...

Oh my word, the memories. I don't know how you always find things like that. We thought those jokes were so funny, which they are. I made the page bigger and could read them and Cameron is looking at me right now laughing at me laughing because he thinks I am laughing at him!! You are awesome!!

Club Jolley said...

Your picture on the top of your blog is adorable. I need good ones of Dallin and me. Anyways, I hope you guys are doing well! Haven't heard from you in a while, but I guess no news is good news sometimes! :)

Rachel Schanz said...

Natalie! I found you! you look so good! how is everything? how much longer does bryce have in school? check us out sweetchocolatepie3.blogspot.com

Rachel Schanz said...

My number: 3607515565 will you be traveling to Idaho anytime? Where are you guys planning on settling down? Idaho is the cool place to be :)