Monday, November 7, 2011

Benson WALKS!

Oh my!  This has been a long time coming.  I know that everyone told me not to worry, but this guy was so resistant to walking I thought he would NEVER do it.  He even started throwing big fits when I tried to make him walk.  Last night I just sat down on the floor with him and tried to have him stand on his own.  Then I wanted to see if he would take a few steps toward me...AND HE DID.  I quickly enlisted Bryce's help and Benson began to walk in between me and Bryce and LOVING IT!  It was an exciting night in the Jolley house.  He is still very nervous to walk on his own, but I feel like we have made a giant stride in the right direction.  He is nearly 18 months and I would really like to send him to nursery as a walker so he doesn't get trampled by the other kids.

6 comments:

Emily K. said...

I just can't explain how much I love your baby!! So much cuteness and handsomeness and adorableness!! He's been so ready to walk!! Not really wobbly at all! He just goes! He'll be running soon, and you'll be running right there behind him! Yay yay yay for Bensie-poo!!

Allen Family said...

Yay! It's so fun when they start walking. Now he will definitely be keeping you busy.

shauni said...

Yeah! He is doing great! What a cutie.

The Mrs. said...

exciting news!

Cam said...

Yeah! Knew it was going to happen soon!

The Rowley's said...

Yay Benson!! A crawler in nursery would be a bit scary huh? He's adorable.