Thursday, December 4, 2008

Festival of Trees and DISNEY ON ICE

A very pretty tree. Whitney and I went to the tree lighting downtown and then to the Festival of Trees. It was fun, but I got all bundled up for the cold and then the tree building was HOT. I had leggings on under my jeans, three shirts, a sweatshirt, my coat, my gloves, and a scarf. I was not cold. I tried to shed layers for this pic, but I still have a thousand on.


This was a spectacular event. Disney on Ice. Our good friend Jamie Cook invited us to go with her and her kids. It was really cool! I have never seen people ice-skate in real life. I have only seen it on TV. They go so fast and are so graceful.

Mulan was my favorite part of the show. This dragon was very long and very beautiful.

I think most the kids in the audience enjoyed this the most. Finding Nemo! Here is Dori and Marlin talking to Bruce the shark. Unfortunately, Whitters was really sick the whole time. I felt so awful. I would look over and she would be just uncomfortable and in pain. Sorry Bub, it was a good show.

2 comments:

Emily K. said...

I have always wanted to go to Disney on Ice. It looks so fun. Maybe next year, I will take the kids because they will be old enough to appreciate that sort of thing.

The French Family said...

That looks like fun - I would have to say it's definitely a girl / kid thing. So I bet it was nice to have Whitney there with you - even though she wasn't feeling so good. Fun Stuff!