Friday, February 6, 2009

Whats Your Obsession?

I was organizing my closet the other day and going through all my clothes. It really is quite a therapeutic thing to do. I feel very de-cluttered and free after I see everything stacked nice and neat in my closet. I do this quite often and my husband wishes I would do it a little less because I throw out clothes that I just end up needing to replace later. But, that is a different story, different post. Anyway, I was hanging up all my shirts when I realized something. I have a lot of hoodies! Way too many. However, I couldn't get myself to throw a single one away. It is true, I can not pass up a good hoodie. If I see one in the store that is on sale, it has to be mine. If someone is throwing out clothes and an old ratty hoodie shows up in the mix of rejects. It becomes my treasure. I counted my hoodies and there are 17! Who needs 17 hoodies. But, as you can see from the shabby appearance of some of these hoodies, they receive a lot of use. I would wear a hoodie everyday if I could. I would and I often do. I don't have a job where I have to dress up, so this is my wardrobe. They are the perfect accesory because they hide everything, they are warm, they are versatile, and they can be worn over another shirt and removed if it gets a little toasty. So many uses for such a remarkable garment. *There are a couple in the dirty laundry right now that didn't get added to my collection for the picture, but I wanted you to know that they were there so they didn't geel left out.

All my hoodies lined up a the very front of my closet. The first things I go to in the morning, and the most wonderful article of clothing to ever have been invented.

Lined up on my bed for a photo shoot! They really loved all the attention they received today. I will have to wear one of them tonight as a reward!

Here is my challenge to you! I want all who read this post to go through their closet and take of picture of their obsession. I know that my sister Emily has a enormous collection of jeans that I am dying to see altogether. I also know that my sister Holly has quite the collection of sweaters that need to be shown to the world. (Well, maybe some of the ones from the 80's can be left in the closet just for the time being:) I really want to see those obsessions ladies. Maybe you have an alarming amount of shoes or necklaces. I know there is one article of clothing that we all can't live without. Let's hear about yours!! This will be fun - please do it!

7 comments:

Emily K. said...

Okay, I will take on your challenge, and show you my jeans. I do really really like jeans. I was watching "What Not to Wear" the other day, and this lady was very obsessed with Hoodies, as you are. They made her throw all of them out! Every single one. For that reason you were stating. They hide things, but they actually make you look bigger, and bulkier. It is nice to see all of your hoodies though. I bet you didn't spend more than 5 bucks on any one. It would be fun to add up what you have paid for each item of clothing. You would win for sure. But, you always look so cute and fashionable. Even being the bargain shopper you are. By the way, I will totally buy you something when you make me something. A little compromise never hurt nobody!!

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...

I don't know if I want to take your challenge. I am sorely offended by your comments about my sweater collection. Maybe I will do it to show you that I am actually not as obsessed as you and that I actually might have a little style. (I wish I had more actually. I do love sweaters alot but not as good of a shopper as you).

Celinda said...

That sounds fun, but I can't think of anything I am obsessed with. I just lied.

Tiffany said...

I don't know how I would take a picture of my obsession. I think I am just obsessed with a BARGAIN! I would have to take a picture of my whole closet, because I think every shirt in my closet was probably purchased for like 3 dollars or less, seriously! There is no better feeling than finding an awesome bargain on something super cute! ( I too love sweatshirts. I'm not picky though, they don't even have to be hoodies, any old sweatshirt will do. I basically live in sweatshirts all winter!)

Club Jolley said...

Ah, I love hoodies too! I totally agree that they hide all the unwanted "fluffies," as my sisters and I call them. :) I really have an obsession with socks. I love striped, polka dot, ankle, knee-high, any kind of cute socks! I love to match them with my shirt, and buying new socks is one of my favorite activities. One time I spent like $20 on a million pairs of socks. Weird, I know.

Josh and Alayna said...

Hoodies are the best. Thats a good idea and it will motivate us to clean out our closets!

hamblin clan said...

Hi Nat!I also love organizing my closet, except I must admit, it does not get done very often. I love the hoodies, that's great! Thanks for posting on your blog, I love to hear what is going on in your life. Love ya, Heidi