
I recently fixed my sewing machine. It never has worked wonderful since I got it and then it shut down. Well, being cheap, I decided I would try and see what the problem is. So I took the dang thing apart and cleaned it and blew on it and gave it a kiss. Then I put it back together . . . and it works FABULOUS. Better than it even has and I am pretty proud.
I went to the fabric store because they were having a big sale and I got a lot of material for 50% off and some great patterns for 99 cents. This is what I did last night as my husband studied for his test. I had been kinda sick too and this helped me keep my mind off of my aggravated tummy.

Apron #1 - I tried to find as "vintage" as fabric as I could and I did okay. This black and red one is more modern, but very cute. There are two big pockets on this, but they are hard to see unless you get close. I did try it on and it is adorable. You all do not want to see what I looked like yesterday though, so I spared you and had the kitchen chairs model for me instead.

Apron #2: This one looks a bit more "vintage" I think. It is just a little half apron and that is just so cute to me. I don't see a lot of these around anymore. The ruffle was a pain the the but, but worth it because it is so darn cute. There is a pocket on this one as well but it is again hard to see.

Oh, I love to sew! This is something that my Mother taught me to sew as a really little girl. I learned to sew by her side on her wonderful Bernina machine. I also learned to quilt, which I love as well. I forgot how wonderful it makes me feel to sew something. Thank you Mom for teaching me such a wonderful skill. I know that she enjoyed teaching me because she tried to teach my other sisters and I think I am the only one who took to it. (Oh, except Bubber) It will be something that I teach my children someday. It has come in handy more than once with heming and fixing misc. items for Bryce too. THANKS MOTHER! I LOVE YOU.
7 comments:
Wow, Nat! They are really really cute! I love the "vintagey" one. So cute. I soo wish that you would have modeled them though. Chairs don't do them justice. I think that I am actually the only one who doesn't sew so good. You, Whit, and Holl are good. I am just the un-crafty one. Keep sewing, and showing! Love it, and counting down until June.
I love your aprons! They turned out great. I also love to sew, but I rarely mend anything for Colby! It's just not as fun as making a quilt or halloween costume or some other fun project.
I love your aprons! I wish I could sew better now. Can I pay you to make me the black and red one? I'm serious, I'm willing to pay you because I have ZERO sewing skills and I think it's amazing that you made such a cute apron. I am a big fan of aprons, I don't know why. So really, just tell me the price and I will get it to you!
Jealous! I made an apron a while ago while my mom was visiting with her machine and I fell in love. I bought a whole apron book full of different patterns......now if only I had a sewing machine :)
Those are so dang cute! You are amazing.
They really are so cute. I just started the whole sewing thing. Not that good yet but I will have to try an apron someday. And thanks for singing with us Sunday. You have a beautiful voice and it helped us out a lot.
Megan
Natali, those are so cute! I love them both. The pink bow at the top of the black one is so unique. I have always loved half aprons. That is what we used to call the ones that just tie around your waist. Good job. Creating is therapy!
Post a Comment