Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Beauty and the Beasts (plural)

Yesterday we went for a drive and this is what I saw out my car window. Beautiful. I made Bryce stop in the middle of the road so that I could get a picture. It is true that a camera can never capture the beauty that the human eye witnesses. This scene, as lovely as it looks in this photograph, was breathtaking to view from my car window. It makes me think of one of my favorite primary songs.

My Heavenly Father Loves Me

1. Whenever I hear the song of a bird
Or look at the blue, blue sky,
Whenever I feel the rain on my face
Or the wind as it rushes by,
Whenever I touch a velvet rose
Or walk by our lilac tree,
I’m glad that I live in this beautiful world
Heav’nly Father created for me.

2. He gave me my eyes that I might see
The color of butterfly wings.
He gave me my ears that I might hear
The magical sound of things.
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart:
I thank him rev’rently
For all his creations, of which I’m a part.
Yes, I know Heav’nly Father loves me.


Look at those BEASTS! Scared? Well you should be. This is what I walk around on all day lately. My feet have been swollen ever since the middle of my second trimester. At least I thought they were swollen, but I was wrong. THIS is swollen. The last couple weeks my feet and ankles have blossomed into a new category of swollen. You can tell that I have been wearing flip flops around because, even though I took the shoes off over a half an hour ago, you can still see the indents of the flip flop straps. The left one is a little heftier than the right, but the right one sure gives it a good run for its money. There are things that I will miss once I am not pregnant anymore, but my beastly swollen feet are not one of them.

9 comments:

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...

That picture is truly beautiful. We do live in a beautiful place. And yes Heavenly Father does love us very much.
Sorry about the feet.

Tricia said...

Hey Natalie!

Congrats on the pregnancy. So fun. I had feet like yours. Drink LOTS of water. Also, you can get the ACE stretch bandages and wrap your feet really tight starting at the toes up past your ankles. Sit with your feet elevated for about 15 minutes than take them off. It helps equalize the pressure. I did it about once a day...it seemed to help a little.

Good luck!

The Gibbs said...

oh my. i don't know what else to say. march on, maybe?

Emily K. said...

So, I was looking at the picture of my feet I put on my blog in June 2009, just in case you were wondering, and I actually think that yours are worse than mine. Hard to believe. But, just wait until after Baby Jolley arrives. Mine were way worse afterwards. And, my toenails were painted, and way prettier. Why don't you trim those puppies? How many times do I have to tell you this!!

The French Family said...

Gee Nat, I'm sorry - look on the bright side you could have Bryce rub for feet everynight... I think the doctor says for about 45 mins. Tell him it's Doc. Charles' orders. Hang in there!

PS. Yes, I really won't miss anything about being prego, good thing it's built in us to forget all the yucky stuff and want more children after you've already had one. :)

Ashley said...

Oh Natalie, you poor thing, I feel for you girlfriend! My feet/ankles were horrible the last 10 weeks of pregnancy - I was laying down on my left side in my car during lunch breaks at work to get ANYTHING down. Hang in there - it all comes out soon and even better that little boy will be in your arms before you know it! Can't wait to see pics!

Celinda said...

My poor little Natali!

I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world, Heavenly Father created for me.

Lindsey& Jason said...

Hey this is Lindsey (with a y). I'm Jason Kennedy's wife and just wanted to say hi and good luck with the baby! Don't worry about labor. Just get the epidural! Trust me I tried to do it without and once I gave in and go it I was in heaven. Anyway Jason says it's been a long time and congrats on the baby!

Anna said...

Natali!!! Im so glad you look at my blog! Im so excited for you and all of your fun adventures, Moving to colarado and having a baby how fun! Its nice to know we are so close to meeting our little boys! Sorry about the swollen feet, mine were like that with my daughter. This time around however they have not even swollen one time. Im going to add your blog to my reader so I can keep up to date on your life!