Sunday, November 11, 2007

I DID IT!

Well, well, I decided to join your ranks all you bloggerific bloggers. My sister Emily's blog is my favorite thing in the whole world. I frequent her site about two - three times a day. I can't let her go and have all the fun. I don't have as cute of children as Emily though, I actually have no children, but I was feeling left out and HERE I AM!

Bryce and I are living in Des Moines, Iowa. Bryce is a student at DMU (Des Moines University) He is studying Podiatric Medicine, or podiatry. Yes, he is going to be a foot doctor. We have been here for about one and a half years now and we love it. The mid-west is quite the place. The people are friendly, the weather is nice, and its not too big. I have my doubts when moving out here from Rexburg, Idaho that it would be too much of a city for this small town girl. At first I almost thought that it was too big, but I am slowly getting used to the amount of people and I am trying to get used to the drivers.

One little confession I have to make is that the most exciting part of my life lately is that I love to play tetris on-line. I will play for hours and I can't stop. We had tetris on our computer as a kid and I remember loving it, but I have relived this love lately. Byrce and I go back and forth trying to beat eachothers high score.










I am legendary for being very unlucky and horribly poor at games. Allllll games. Board games, card games, video games, computer games, you name it and I will have lost that game at least 10 times. Bryce always jokes that everyone loves playing games with me because they are almost 100% guaranteed to win. I am extremely competitive as well, and I HATE losing. But, I am slowly getting used to it. However, when I began playing tetris I had the long standing high score for quite a while. I was, of course, very proud of myself and I admit that I loved to gloat about it when the opportunity arose.

I am the second counselor in my young womens presidency and I was at an activity Wednesday night that required a lot of set up and clean up. I ended up being at the church from 5:30 until 9:30 that night. I get home exhausted and I was ready to play my nightly tetris to wind down. I come home and my husband is on the computer, and announces to me that he has beat my high score.

"By how much," was my timid reply.

"I got 76,000," he says smugly.

My high score had been a measly 36,000. My eyes become wide and pools of liquid began to pool threateningly at the bottom lash lines. I looked up to the ceiling to try and force the tears back into my eyeballs. I composed myself and then my competitive nature took the reigns. I plopped down on the couch, took the computer from Bryce and started playing. I would love to say that I came out victorious that evening, but going back to the 100% guarantee that I will lose, I lost. The closest I got was 53,000, and I still haven't even got that again since.

P.S. The link to my favorite tetris online games is : http://www.freetetris.org/

0 comments: