Sunday, June 29, 2008

Shakespeare in the Park


Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears.
There is a charming amphitheater right down the road from our apartment. It is next to a big pond and a beautiful rose garden. It's called Greenwood park and it is our favorite place to take a nice relaxing walk. I always feel that it is a shame that the amphitheater doesn't get used more often. Last weekend there was a few theater companies that came and did Shakespeare in the Park. We got to see Julius Caesar and A Mid Summer Nights Dream. Here is a scene from Caesar. Caesar has just been murdered by his fellows. I loved it so much. I couldn't believe the lines they had to memorize.

1 comments:

Emily K. said...

This is right up your alley, Nat. I bet you were wishing you could have been up there killing Caesar, and all, with them. What a cool Park!! The more you tell us about Des Moines, the cooler it sounds.