Friday, June 20, 2008

Sure, it floods in Iowa . . . but wow is it GREEN!


I'm sure you have all heard of the floods here in the midwest. We are so fortunate to be affected so little by this traumatic event Mother Nature has given us. I know many others can't say the same, and I pray nightly for their safety. However, as the flood waters subside and the sun comes out from the behind the storm clouds, this is what we see. How gorgeous. I just thought we would all like to enjoy this picture and thank our Father in Heaven for the beauty of his earth that we have. (I took this picture in Boone Iowa right above the YMCA summer camp grounds)

6 comments:

Emily K. said...

Beautiful scenery, Nat! I'm so glad you guys haven't been affected by the storm. I hear on the news all the time about people losing all that they have to the floods. I don't know what I would do.

Unknown said...

So sad about the floods, but I'm glad you guys are okay. It looks like you had a blast on your cruise!

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...

Beautiful!!

Josh and Alayna said...

Wow, that is so beautiful. We really are so blessed to live on such a beautiful earth! I am very glad you guys are safe, and not being affected by the floods. I am going to try your recipe below, it looks really good! Good job cookin up something new.

The French Family said...

It sure is green down there! Green and gorgeous!!! So it's YMCA camps again this year - Yippee!

Celinda said...

I think that the Garden of Eden was very close to that area, and I can see why. Pretty!