Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Jewelry @ Ekalaka

My Mom has so much beading materials. I have never really taken up beading as a hobby, even though I really want to. I am always too cheap to buy the stuff to do it, and then I am too impatient to make something look the way I wanted. But, one good thing about being at Ekalaka, you have plenty of down time to do whatever. So Mom and I decided to make Jewelry the other day. It was really fun and such a wonderful creative outlet. Here is what we made.

I made this one. Mom had these beautiful multicolored pearls and I had to make something out of them. I also got very creative with my picture taking as you will see.

Mom made both of these beauties. My Mother loves turquoise so very much, about half of her stuff is all turquoise. These are made to be one necklace, but you can wear them separately too.


Mom made this one as well. But, she make it a while ago. I just really liked it and wanted to take and picture of it and show all of you the talented Mother that I have.


I made this one. It is a little brown and black beaded choker. It was the last thing that I made, so I was kinda tired of beading by this time. I'm not sure I love this one, but it really is cute on.

This one is my favorite. It is a long strand of multi beads. It really is perfect with any outfit. I have worn it everyday since I made and it works just great.

This is the first thing I made. It is a bracelet. If you can't see, the black beads actually wrap around the middle turquoise beads. It really looks neat close up. This "bead roping" technique is actually really time consuming, but definitely worth it.


6 comments:

Anthony and Rachel Orme said...

Wow Nat good job! I've always wanted to get in to making my own jewelry too, but I rarely wear any jewelry and like you, I'm too cheap. :)

The French Family said...

Hey, I didn't know you were in Ekalaka? How fun to spend time with your mom beading! I remember the times we tried to do some beading at college - it lasted probably a day and yours always turned out better than mine. So it's no surpirse to me that you made such beautiful jewelry.

Emily K. said...

I hope you are handing down that beautiful jewelry to your sisters, and not just hoarding it all to yourself! I love your picture making skills, and all of the stuff really did turn out beautiful. Good job Nat!! I wish I was in Ekalaka with you.

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...

I wish I was there too but I'm so glad you are heading my way tomorrow. Yay!! You guys once again amaze me with your creativity. The talent you two posses is amazing. I don't know why I didn't get that kind of creative talent. See you soon!

The Gibbs said...

i love, love, love that you took pics of all your pieces and i love that you laid them all out in pretty places on pretty things. you haven't changed a bit. love you!

Tiffany said...

good work nat. none of us are surprised that you are so talented. you do amazingly at everything you do!