Sunday, May 31, 2009

Movin on up . . . or out . . . or on . . . or I don't know what I mean!?


We are no longer living in Iowa. After weeks, or should I say years, of preparation, we are onto new things. WE loaded up our things, fueled up the vehicles and headed out. Our trek took us to Cheyenne Wyoming first, then on to Idaho. Then, a week later, we are in Washington. This is to be our final resting place for the next four months. Bryce is officially a 4th year Med Student now and he is on to his "rotations" now. It is quite the confusing and drawn out process, but I will attempt to explain without leaving you all dazed and confused.


*BIG BREATH*


We spend the next four months in Tacoma Washington. Bryce will work @ Tacoma Multi-Care while trying to learn as much as he can and get on the resident directors good side:). I have no clue what I am going to do, but I will at the very least be here as a support for my overworked and often stressed husband. I will probably get a job part time and then visit my sister in Bellevue as much as possible. We are living in quite the little apt, but it is much nicer than I expected and it is definitely livable for 4 months.


THEN - the next part is the tricky one so follow closely. Byrce heads off to do a series of 4 week rotations at different establishments all over. He heads to Colorada, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, then at last he lands in Idaho where he will spend the remainder of the year. Then, HOPEFULLY, onto graduation next May. And stuck in there somewhere is the dreaded Part II boards test. So he will have to work like a dog and study for this MUST PASS test so he can become Dr. Jolley FINALLY! THEN . . . I know it just keeps going on and on, he has a three year residency. We don't know where that will be, but it will be somewhere he has rotated in the past year. And, the way that the residents are chosen is way over my head and I dont understand it at all so I won't even delve into that.


Some of you may be thinking, WHAT is dear little Natali going to be doing this whole time while her husband is out doctoring the world. Well, that is yet to be decided, but in Sept. I head back to Idaho to finish up some loose ends at school. I have always regretted not being able to finish completely so I am taking advantage of this time to do so. I am pretty nervous about it, but it should be good. I really haven't decided WHICH education I am going to pursue yet, but it will have something to do with Pre-school education. Whether I attend BYU-I or not, is still up for debate. I am considering Montessori training as well. So, if anyone has any suggestions about that decision please feel free to lay them on me. I have to decide by Thursday, because that is when I register for classes if I will attend my old faithful BYU-I.


So, here is to a year of change and learning. I am already feeling the strain and it has only been a short few weeks. I am determined to be strong and keep a positive attitude. I may need some good boosts of support from all my family and friends to keep my afloat, but I know that I can do it. Bryce is the real trooper in this saga of our lives. I can't being to explain my admiration for this man who choose me to be his wife. He has be nothing be brave and strong through ALL of it. From day one, he has put his chest out and got straight to business. He does so well in every endeavour he starts. He works so hard and he hardly ever complains. He is going to have a long, crazy year ahead of him and I hope that I can help him as much as I can. And, to all you who are about to embark upon the same journey this year . . . GOOD LUCK. Especially to my friends Becca, Shauni, Megan, and Aunna. You will all be in my prayers and I can't wait to see you again next May! HERE WE GO!

7 comments:

Josh and Alayna said...

Wow. What an adventure! Good luck with everything. It will be over before you know and all of your hard work will have paid off. You guys are awesome.

bonniejean22 said...

Good luck!! I was so exicted to start our 4th year, and now i'm even more exicted its done. It's a LONG year but worth it in the end.

Allen Family said...

It sounds like you are in for some new adventures. Good luck! But I'm excited for you to come back to Idaho. We need to hang out.

About Pre-school, I really liked it. It prepares you well for children. But personally if anything would happen to your husband and to support your children on it, I wouldn't recommend it. But that is just me.

Call me when you are back in Idaho. I really want to see you.

Ashley said...

Washington - Wow!!! And y'all definitley have big plans for this year - how relieving it will be in May to have it all behind you! I'm glad y'all made it safe to WA and got to stop by and hang with family on the way!

We were flying home from TX yesterday and planning/going over all that's going on this last year too - it's going to be crazy too but so worth it-less than a year left, can you believe it?

Good luck with school decisions - you'll do awesome with whatever you decide!!!

Rachel Schanz said...

woot woot!! I'm so excited for you! and I can't believe you drove through Idaho without calling! You probably drove right by our house!! (we live in pocatello right next to the interstate) I will be driving through Tacoma next month so I will be calling you! I miss BYU-I so much! We may be living in Rexburg next year so my vote would definitely be for you to go to school there :) There have been so many changes since we left, it's amazing! ( Ok I think I've used way too many exclamation points but you understand :) love you and hope we can find each other here pretty soon!

Emily K. said...

We are so glad that you are here close to us, Nat. I hope that this summer adventure is a positive one for you. I will surely try to my best to help you enjoy it.

Unknown said...

So after reading your post and also wondering what I was going to be doing when Eric was a fourth year-libraries are always looking for volunteers. Just a thought. Also Eric and I are moving into your old apartment at the end of the month.