I was beginning to have my doubts about the weather here in Iowa. I grew up in Wyoming and Montana so I've seen my fair share of very yucky weather. BUT, this winter topped all my memories of bad weather. I can't remember so much snow and so much cold. Spring is literally a breath of fresh air out here. We all have been cooped up indoors all winter and are just aching for the sunshine. It got to be March and I was waiting for that in like a lion out like a lamb thing, and it was in like a lion out like a rabid lion. We got snow all through march and into the beginning of April. Yet, the sun does shine in Iowa. Much to the disbelief of many of us who are living here. This week has been a little bit of heaven. The clouds gathered to pour down some warm rain, but when they parted and the sun shone down it was a perfect 69 degrees. Today was the most beautiful day I can remember. The grass is green and the trees are budding, what more could a person ask for. The kids and I have been just yearning at the window waiting for sunshine and here it is. The first chance we got, we were out the door.
Myles is starting to learn to pump his feet to swing. After a while he gets annoyed and just swings on his belly so he can do it himself.
I'm pretty sure that the green thing is a cover to some sort of sewer hole or something. I had my doubts at first about letting Myah play with it, but it was just sitting on the playground all washed from a recent rain. She had a lot of fun finding treasures to fill up the holes. It was ver heavy and she nearly dropped it in the middle of this picture. If she looks strained, she probably is.
I asked them to show me a treasure they found and give me a smile. I got a smile from Myah as you can see. A cute little missing teeth grin from her, but Myles wouldn't smile for me. No, he doesn't look like that when he smiles, but this is all I could get out of him.
5 comments:
What cute kids! And, that looks like a great park! I wish we had one like that around us. We braved the park yesterday, but the kids about froze their little buns right off. And, Bubber was too cold to even get out of the car. Big Wimp! It looks like Myles got his summer buzz cut. I'm thinking of doing that to Rohne soon actually. You are a great nanny. These kids are lucky to have such an energetic girl to play with.
Yes!!! The weather ROCKED the kasbah today! I walked a whopping 7.5 miles today, and I still couldn't get enough of the outdoors! I'm glad I wasn't the only one enjoying it :)
Love the indoor jungle--very exotic! I remember you mentioning that last week. Fun!
gee nat - you are so creative! I bet you have to be with the two kids you watch. They seem to be full of energy. I wish the weather would be perfect out here. Even close to perfect would be nice. April has been one rollercoaster of weather. However, I'm pretty sure that spring is here and summer close behind. (I hope) Ü
Oh the joy's of Spring. ( I was going to write a poem of sort, but I don't have time.) Maybe we could all write a line or two and keep adding to it.
Post a Comment