Corned beef and cabbage. Apparently this is a very Irish meal to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. My mother informed me of this, and I do remember eating it growing up, but I had idea it was for St. Patty's Day. I just know that you have to wear green on St. Patrick's Day or you will get pinched. Now I have a new tradition. I have made this meal for the past few years for our dinner on the day of green. It always turns out yummy. I usually make it in the crock-pot, but this time I just made it in a pot on the cook top. It turned out just and yummy and both Bryce and I enjoyed it. I added a few carrots and potatoes along with the cabbage. I had all the intentions of making green cookies too, but I didn't have any eggs so that didn't happen. It was still a "sweet" green day nonetheless.
Promise of Protection
12 years ago

2 comments:
Wow, I bet mixed with the lovely smells already in your apartment, it smelled AWESOME in there! Good job, Nat! You are such a good cooker.
Looking at your beautiful bowls of wonderfully cooked corned beef and vegetable make me want to run out and get some to cook for Dad and I even though St. Patrick's Day is long gone. The jog to the store would be a long one unfortunately, so I guess I'll wait.
Post a Comment