
We had a tremendous ice storm in Iowa today. I ended up not going to work because everything was closed down. I expected Bryce's school to close too, but to my dismay, it didn't. So, since we are only blocks from his school, and our car was a big huge ice block (that Bryce broke two ice scrapers in the process of trying to clean it off), Bryce just walked to school this morning. Branches were so heavy with ice they were falling off trees and power was out all over the state. I'm sure Dad just cringes when he reads this because the ice storms cause quite the trouble for power companies. Luckily, our power was only off for an hour or less. Some are out of power for a few days at the least. BUT, while Bryce was trecking to school through the ice and snow, he ran into a Newspaper reporter taking pictures for the Des Moines Register. He took this picture of Bryce before he even knew the reporter was in front of him. It was on the internet site for the newspaper and I wanted to share with everyone how famous and brave my husband is for going out in this terrible storm. P.S. He got to school, just to find out they were canceling classes and closing the school down for the rest of the day! He had a good friend who gave him a ride home though. Thanks Ben.
2 comments:
I wondered why this picture looked so professional!! Why in the world doesn't Bryce have a warmer coat on? Good luck in the coming days.
It's not fun to have power outages, but I remember what fun it was to have you kids stay home from school. It was like a holiday! Hope you and Bryce had a good time. Merry Christmas, Mom
Post a Comment