Sunday, December 9, 2007

Young Women in Excellence


This is Jessica and Grace. Jessica is a Laurel and she received her Young Woomanhood recognition award. She recently moved out of the ward, but came to this to receive her award with us. She really is an amazing young woman. She also has a "weakness" for country boys and she loves Wyoming and Montana so we became quick friends.



We had Young Women in Excellence at our Presidents house. She has such a beautiful home and here is our elaborate dessert bar. There was cheesecake, chocolate chocolate chip bunt cake, nut cookes, TRUFFLES, and a chocolate fountain with all sorts of fruits and pound cakes to dip into it.


Another shot of the dessert bar. I ate so much sweet stuff is such a short amount of time. I came home sick. I told Bryce that I wish I had a way to spoon out all the sweets from my stomach so I could feel better. He then explained to me that all the calories were probably already digested. I felt a little less prone to over eat sweets since this night. OH, and the drink was sparkling egg nog.


Here is Jessica and I. We matched so beautifully we just had to get a picture together. Usually she is quite taller that me, but I had on heels and she didn't. GOOD JOB JESS. She is such an example for all the other girls.

Truffle Recipe
1 bag semisweet choc chips, 1 bag milk choc
4 T butter
1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
2 T shortening

Line cookie sheet with foil.
Melt milk choc. chips over low heat. Stir constantly. Remove from heat, add butter and cream at the same time. Stir until smooth. Add chopped ande's mints (or desired filling) opt.

Put in fridge for 10-15 minutes until the mixture can hold shape. Stir every once in a while to keep mixture creamy.

Spoon onto cookie sheet. Put in Freezer for 30 min.

Heat shortening and semi sweet choc chips over low heat.

Use toothpicks to stab truffles and dip into the semisweet choc.

Roll in any topping desired.

Let sit in fridge till set, then store in airtight container till served. Let sit out for 10-15 minutes before serving so they can be creamy and delicious.

(A close up picture can be seen on Emily Kleins blog. She has the recipe there too)

1 comments:

Emily K. said...

Man,you are cute! Who is your mother, anyway? Those are some good genes, I wish I had them. You are so talented and wonderful. The young women in your ward are so lucky to have you as a role model, leader, and friend.