Thursday, November 13, 2008

Pumpkin Painting

I got a bunch of pumpkins after Halloween for free from the grocery store. They were just sitting outside of the store it a big box and they were FREE! So, of course I couldn't pass up this opportunity. I got too many, but I would have even gotten more had Bryce not been there to stop me. So, I envisioned so many beautiful things for these pumpkins to grace my doorstep. This is what came out. I still have three more that I didn't paint. I guess I will have to cook those, or Bryce has been talking about blowing them up and using them as dry ice bombs.

"Family", how not original is this. I was just out of ideas by the time I painted this one.


You can kinda see how I had to wash this one off a few times. The good thing about acrylic paints and pumpkins is that even if the paint dries, it comes right off with a little water. This design came from about 5 different attempts that I washed off and started all over.


This one was the first and I think the best. I actually saw a decoration at a store that said this on it and was designed a little similar. I wanted it to look exactly like the one I saw in the store, but how often does that happen.


My little Turkey! I got this pumpkin from my Visiting Teachers and I hope they know it went to good use.


My whole collaboration. Forgive the awful wall paper in the background. This is what my hallway looks like. It reminds me of a chinese restaurant. (and not a fancy one)

4 comments:

The French Family said...

You crafty lady! The pumpkins look great and what a steal of a deal - getting them for free! They make your doorstep look very festive, in fact I don't think I would take them down with out replaceing them with something else - that wallpaper is something else. :o)

Emily K. said...

You are Miss Homemaker America!! I now give you the award, and you can thank me later for all of the inspiration. I saw free pumpkins at Albertsons the day after Halloween too, and just passed them right by. What a darn tootin' shame, because yours turned out really cute. I hope your week went well, and you are planning a festive, wonderful fun-filled weeked. Thinking of you always. . . and wishing it was already June. (Only for you to be here, not quite ready for that other thing that'll be comin' round the mountain about that time.) I bet you are counting down the days until next weekend when Bub arrives. Lucky lucky girl.

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...

I sometimes can't believe that I am your sister because I have none of that creativeness. Not fair, I tell you. You once again amaze me!!

Celinda said...

I've never seen a better pumpkin display! And I've been around a long time.