Saturday, March 15, 2008

57 Degrees and Muddy Sand

It was 57 degrees yesterday! I have been promising the kids that we would go to the park, but it keeps on snowing. Even though, when it snows, they still want to go. We actually got to go yesterday afternoon. Of course, the only thing they wanted to do was play in the sand. Or, should I say mud because it was so wet from all the snow melt. Initially, I told them that they couldn't play in the sand, only the playground equipment. But, there was this magnetic pull just dragging them to that sand. So, I gave in. I just always feel kind of bad when their Mom comes home and they are really dirty. I didn't have time to wash them up at all afterwards. BUT, they had a blast.

Here Myah is building a pyramid with sand and sticks. it was actually really cool after it was all finished, but I didn't get a picture of the finished product.

Myles wanted to make a pyramid too. Only, he didn't have enough patience. Every time he built one, he couldn't resist smashing it to the ground with his Power Ranger moves. He made about a hundred of them, and they all got destroyed.

This picture I told them to smile for me, and Myles wouldn't. He was making all sorts of silly faces, so I just took the picture when Myah was making a cute face and came to grips with the fact that my little buddy was not going to cooperate.

Finally, Myles wanted a pyramid for real. But, he didn't want to make one on his own. He wanted Myah to make one for him so he could smash it too. Here he is begging her to make a pyramid for him, she is pushing him away because she is really frightened that his is going to ruin her hard work. He then asked me to make him a pyramid, which I did, and he smashed.


It was really muddy sand. As you can see in the background, there is still some snow that hasn't melted yet. "Oh no, look how dirty my hand got Mahali!" Myles has called my that ever since I started nannying for him. He does know how to say it correctly, but I guess habits are hard to change.

3 comments:

Celinda said...

I'm glad that you had a spring-like day. You needed it. A hard winter makes every day of Spring seem like a holiday. May your Holiday come soon.

I don't know if it will be a Holiday here in Ekalaka for you, but it sure will be one for me. I love you both.

Emily K. said...

Cute, cute kids. I'm glad you got out with them. I have a hard time letting my kids get all dirty and sandy, but it just makes them so darn happy.

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...

I am sure that these kids mom are so glad they have you as a nanny, despite the mud. You are awesome!!