Monday, March 3, 2008

SAY CHEESE!

I work as a Nanny for two wonderful kids. This is Myles and Myah Randles. They are my "nanny" children. I love them pretty much as if they were actually mine. They are as much a part of my life as anyone is. Myles is three, and will be four on the 29th of this month. Myah is six, and the smartest most creative little kindergartener I have ever met. I brought my camera to work today and Myah found it in my purse and had to do a little posing with her brother.

They play together so well. They really have had to depend on one another their whole lives. Their father hasn't been a part of their lives almost since birth. Their Mom Jennifer, who is an amazingly strong woman, has been through so much. She has raised these two beautiful kids as a single Mom, having to go to work everyday to support them, when all she wishes is the stay home and raise her kids. She has such unwaivering faith that "God knows best," and that she keeps going no matter what trials are handed to her. And, believe me, she has had her share of struggles. Recently, their family has been blessed with another addition. Jennifer got re-married in December to a remarkable man, who the kids now call Daddy. These people have blessed my life so much.

Myles really is heavier than Myah, but she is always the big sister. She takes such good care of him. Before I took this picture, they were playing "Mom and Baby." So, Myah wanted to get a picture of her carrying Myles. He doesn't mind at all.

The three of us. My little "daytime" family.

Myah is quite the little model, and couldn't stop posing for the camera. She wanted Myles to do a cheerleading pose with her. He consented, but he wanted to do a sommersalt for the camera and rolled right out of the picture.

Here he is at the end of another sommersalt attempt, with Myah cheering him on!

2 comments:

Emily K. said...

I have been waiting for you to finally post some pictures of your "kids." They are so darn cute. I know you say that they bless your life, but they are so lucky to have you in their lives. It looks like you have so much fun together. You're the greatest!

shauni said...

Way cute kids! That's great that you are so close to them. It looks like you have fun while working!