Bryce has wanted Sushi all week. And, of course I thought that meant a nice evening out. I was excited to not have to worry about dinner and just relax and enjoy the time I had after I got home from work. But, he had very different plans. He wanted us to make the sushi. And, usually when he says he wants us to make it, that means me. Well . . . that isn't true because he helps a lot, but today he had studying to do so I made the sushi. He did help me cut it up in the end and that was just great. Here is what I concocted. It was very delicious and even more pretty. It was so pretty I didn't want to eat it. So, now it is here so I can enjoy its beauty any time I want.
Here is the masterpiece arranges nicely on my new plates. The plates are so wonderful because I got them at Marshals for $1.50 a piece. And they are gorgeous. You can see the detail a little better in the next picture I think.
The plates have a matte vine design on them. So the plate is a shiny, smooth white and the design is a soft matte. They are very pretty. I unfortunately was only able to get 4, and I searched and searched for more, but now I can get stuff to match. Someday.
Last note: Ingredients of the sushi-avacado, cucumber, carrots, imitation crab meat, rice, and seaweed wrappers. Served with soy sauce.
4 comments:
You MADE that?? I shouldn't act surprised of course, you're one of the most domestic people I know. I don't even like sushi and this has my mouth watering.
Especially because of your new plates!! ;). They really are super cute. Maybe I'll look here at Marshalls for you in Ohio ;).
Oooh, I really want sushi lately. You must have a whole sushi set, and stuff right? Like the bamboo roller and everything? We've made it with friends before, but we've always been too cheap to buy sushi making stuff. Although it would be cheaper than going out to eat, wouldn't it now? Hmmmm. Your plates are lovely. Maybe I should look at the Marshalls out here for you too. There could be more. Hey, when is June already?
I should really try real sushi some time. Your looks so good I could eat my computer monitor. And I love you plates, too!!! We don't have a Marshalls so I have never been to the store. Great job.
Wow, I am impressed! Sushi seems like it would be super hard to make (I've never attempted it!)
Post a Comment