Saturday, April 11, 2009

An Old Friend!

Oh what a joy it is to see a familiar face and hear a familiar voice. Wednesday I got an unexpected phone call from an old pal. Kacey, a friend I went to high school with, called and said she was in town. She works for Wells Fargo and was hear for some training meetings. Kacey flew here all the way from Deer Lodge Montana and decided she couldn't leave without giving her old pal a call. I was so excited. We all went out to dinner that night and then had some ice cream at my apartment. It was wonderful to get caught up on the news from home and enjoy the company of someone I haven't seen for ages.

I used to drag Kacey to early morning seminary. We were the ONLY two in our H.S. who went to seminary, and I am a few years older than Kacey so I became the driver. It was difficult because if one couldn't go, then we had no seminary. Our stalwart teacher prepared so hard and long for us. I regret that we may have been less than appreciate of his efforts. In has to be a trial to get up and teach a seminary class of two. Let alone, two silly, teenage girls who would rather be in bed. I did learn a lot and I am glad that I had Kacey to go with me or else I would have had to do it on my own. Looking back it seems a little unreal. I am shocked that I was able to graduate.

Kacey and I also played B-Ball together. I am a little embarrassed to admit that although I played basketball all my years of high school, I never played varsity basketball. I was the star of the JV team though. Since Kacey is two years below me in school, I was able to play some ball with her until she got shifted to varsity. Oh, well. I never have loved basketball, but I did love being part of a team. I am actually glad for my JV days.

Kacey and I were also in show-choir together. I have to admit that show-choir was my fav or all my school activities. When you live in a town with population 300 you get to do a lot with your fellow schoolchums.

It was good to hear someone else say that Des Moines is a "big" city and that the traffic is frightening. I have told that exact same thing to many of my friends who all look at me in a face of astonishment and then quickly tell me of places they lived that are larger and more hectic in traffic. I had some vindication this week though as Kacey feels the same way I do. I guess us country girls all think a like.

Thanks for the visit Kace, You are the best. Good Luck with the rest of life!

5 comments:

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...

How fun is that!! I'll bet you had a blast. A familiar face is always so renewing!!

Kristie Taylor said...

Isnt it just a blast to see old friends? I just LOVE that! :) I am so happy you 2 had fun together... Kacey is such a sweet girl! :)

Emily K. said...

I'm glad that she called you up, and you could see her. You look so beautiful in that picture!! That visit should hold you up for another 6 weeks, huh?

Randy , Haley and Tyler said...

So I was talking to Krista McClalin the other day and she said she knows you guys and they stopped and stayed with you a little big ago... It is Chad and Krista McClalin. We are in the same ward as them! Small world huh?? Now you have double the motivation to come to OMAHA!!!

Celinda said...

What a reunion! Is nice to know that there are some good memories from Ekalaka.