Thursday, February 21, 2008

Ode To An Old Friend

I love to play the guitar. This guitar was made especially for me by my father. Yes, he made this guitar by hand. He has made them for several people and he is in the process of making another. All of this guitar is Jack Hamblin, even down to the guitar strap which he made as well. The neck is smaller so I can grip it and play easier. The frets are shorter so you don't have to push as hard on the strings. Even the waist is made so I can play it on my lap. Wow, huh. I haven't played a lot lately and I sure miss it. I got my guitar out tonight and put on a show for Bryce while he was watching Simpson's online. It gave me a sweet adrenaline rush. I felt younger, thinner, prettier, smarter, and quite buzzed after I got done playing. *BIG SIGH* How I've missed you my friend.

5 comments:

jodie said...

I want to hear a tune from you! That's it...we officially need to get together!! We could sing HSM songs acoustic style while you strum along! It's a date!

Emily K. said...

I sooooo wish I could hear you play. Our dad is pretty darn amazing, isn't he?

Erica said...

That is so awesome that your dad made that just for you. I have a guitar too, and I've always wanted to play but can't figure it out or find time. Maybe one day you'll have to show me a thing or two. I'm sure you're great at it.

Anonymous said...

You play? I've been playing since I was in sixth grade. We should have had a jam fest!

Celinda said...

Natali, Your Dad and I just read this and your father was very touched, as touched as he can get. You are a great songwriter and guitar player, and there are not too many people who have that talent.